Become a PADI Freediver
The PADI Freediver course is for everyone. The beauty of this course is you can learn at your own pace! At WaterMaarq you enjoy becoming a freediver as much as you love the ocean.
Beginning with the freediving foundations in the classroom and pool, you’ll learn freedive techniques that will open up a whole new underwater world. Then, once your pool training is complete, you begin your open water depth training. Completing a minimum of two certification training dives, you’ll become a PADI Freediver as you dive deeper than 10 meters comfortably and easily.
To enrol in PADI Freediver course training dives you must be at least 15 years old. Adequate swimming skills and good physical health will make sure you gain the most from the course. Start right away, you don’t need to train for it or have experience with snorkelling, skin diving or freediving.
- Caters for all swimming abilities
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Learn to freedive 25m length in the pool, to a depth of 10m in the sea and hold your breath for over 90 seconds comfortably
- Hire equipment available: wetsuits, fins, mask and snorkel
- Limited to just eight participants, you’ll enjoy high quality instruction
- Available in Melbourne and Mornington Peninsula VIC
- Our instructors have trained with the best freedivers and systems in the world
- Successful completion results in world-recognised freediving certification
- More detailed information below
– Self-paced learning (up to 10 hours)
– Classroom session (2-3 hours)
– Double pool session (3 hours)
– 2 x Open water freediving training dives (2 hours each)
Expect to learn
Open Water Freediving Charters: Sorrento VIC
1. Course Booking
When you book, your exclusive access to the PADI Freediver Touch online content is granted.
2. Training Dive Bookings
Call/SMS for last minute availability
Certification Training Dives available from October to end of April and then limited tours through winter
Freediving Foundation Pool Course: $399
Freediving Certification Dive: $139ea
Style of Training
Boat Dives: An instructor led freediving depth session on the float and line
- On-line PADI Freediver Touch interactive self-paced learning
- Classroom theory and practical breathing & relaxation skills
- Pool training for static, dynamic and rescue techniques
- Maximum 8x participants per course
1. Theory & Breathing Session + Pool Double Sessions
- Friday 4pm – 6pm: 2hr Theory Review
- Friday 6pm – 9pm: 3hr Double Pool Session
2. Freedive Training Dives by Boat from Sorrento, VIC
- 2hr Certification Training Dives
- Maximum 4x participants per certification dive session
- Enrol in the foundation course to complete your online learning, classroom session and pool training
- Book 2x Freediving Certification Training Dives to be trained and assessed by your instructor
- You will need your own freediving 5mm wetsuit and equipment for the training dives
- Download the PADI Freediver Medical History Form (pdf) and email it to us.
- Browse the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Once your booking is confirmed you’ll gain access to the PADI Freediver Touch from us so you can start learning!