Merry Christmas and a Happy Festive Season
A brief reflection on 2015 and well wishes to everyone as we reach the festive season!
2015 was a huge year really.
This, our first full year of operation saw:
- Addition of Apnea Academy and AUSI freediving and snorkelling certification systems, including training in Egypt with Umberto Pelizzari
- New Beginner course Freediving Discovery launched and keenly welcomed
- Expansion of our coverage into Tasmania with at least 4x visits already
- Access gained to Australia’s best freshwater sinkhole to run Intermediate courses
- Production of our own apparel including tshirts and custom wetsuits
- Commissioning and launch of our own freediving charter boat, the Kavorca
- A reconnaissance trip to the South Pacific to research freediving holidays for 2016
- Assisting casting and performance in a new yet to be released music video
The WaterMaarq team is tiny, one full-time person and some wonderful supporters in the background that we couldn’t do without. With the launch of our vessel Kavorca we now have a roster of superb Skippers that want to see more of you! As we grow, we’ll be looking for Assistant Instructors and Guides to share this wonderful underwater world with more and more people, so please stay tuned.
Looking ahead to 2016:
- Increasing availability of guided charter freedive sessions and guided shore dives
- Launch of freediving live-aboard holidays in the South Pacific and an Italian Tour (hopefully!)
- More excursion weekends to the freshwater sinkholes plus the stunning Tasman Peninsula
- Advanced Surf Survival multi-day courses
- Weekly shallow water shore-based breath-hold training sessions
- Addition of PADI Freediver certification system
Thanks to everyone that has been a part of WaterMaarq this year, you, our enthusiastic and courageous clientele, out partners and suppliers and most of all to that wonderful part of the earth, the ocean as it provides us with so much freedom and enjoyment.
Wishing you a safe and fun festive break!
See you in the water!