AUSI Snorkel Guide CourseShare your passion as a professional Guide
Become a Snorkel Guide Professional
The Snorkel Guide course is the number one choice for teachers, outdoor guides and for those who wish to begin a career in marine based tourism.
Our clients include leading institutions such as Westbourne Grammar School and marine care groups such as Marine Care Rickett’s Point as well as other multi-award winning eco-charter businesses. The AUSI Snorkel Guide course is also our chosen certification for WaterMaarq guides too. The course provides the framework for participants to represent an organisation in a professional capacity as a Snorkel Guide to take unqualified swimmers on snorkelling adventures in the open water.
- Safe snorkelling theory and practical skills
- Professional responsibilities
- Dive leadership
- Incident management
Practical Skills Training:
- Snorkelling skills and equipment handling
- Group control and problem management
- Rescue skills
- Snorkel session planning
- Dive briefings and snorkelling skills development
Please join one of our scheduled courses or contact us to arrange a private course for your organisation.
SNORKEL GUIDE COURSE STRUCTURE:
- 2-day program
- Minimum 5 hours of theory work
- 3 hours of confined water training and,
- 3 hours open water depth training (varies per location and class).
For Physical Education or Outdoor Education Teachers, the AUSI Snorkel Guide certification meets the requirements for the National Qualifications Framework SISOSNK302A Snorkel Guide unit which assists in eligibility for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in vocational development.
Begin your Snorkel Guide career:
- Click the Learn More button to access more detailed information on the course details and requirements
- Enrol now in a scheduled Snorkel Guide course using the booking calendar
- Once your booking is confirmed you’ll be on your way to a new career!
Courses available on the Mornington Peninsula VIC and around Australia on demand. Please contact us to run programs for your school, organisation or operation.