PADI Advanced Freediver CourseDive to new depths
Develop as a PADI Advanced Freediver
Develop as an advanced freediver on this second level freediving course for up to eight students.
The PADI Advanced Freediver course is for freedivers holding a level one certification. Learn at your own pace and advance more quickly. WaterMaarq freediving courses take you deeper the more comfortable you become.
The PADI Advanced Freediver course is designed to fulfil your personal need to refine and improve your freediving skills, allowing you to progress slowly while learning how your body performs during apnea. Achieving a new freediving time or reaching a new depth is an incredible feeling. It satisfies that very personal desire to do your best and be proud of what you can accomplish.
Furthering your breath-hold awareness and relaxation in the classroom and pool, you’ll learn advanced freedive techniques that will take your existing capabilities further. Then when your pool training is complete, you may begin your open water depth training. Completing a minimum of two certification training dives, you’ll become a PADI Advanced Freediver as you dive deeper than 20 meters comfortably and easily.
To enrol in a PADI Advanced Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old and have a PADI Freediver certification (or a qualifying level one certification from another freediver organisation).
- Caters for all level one certified freedivers
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Learn to freedive 50m length in the pool, to a depth of 20m in the sea and hold your breath for over 2:30 comfortably
- Hire equipment available: wetsuits, fins, mask and snorkel
- Limited to just eight participants, you’ll enjoy high quality instruction
- Available in Melbourne and Mornington Peninsula VIC
- Our instructors have trained with the best freedivers and systems in the world
- Successful completion results in world-recognised freediving certification
- More detailed information below
Up to 20 hours
– Self-paced learning (up to 10 hours)
– Classroom session (2-3 hours)
– Double pool session (3 hours)
– 2 x Open water freediving training dives (2 hours each)
Expect to learn
Course Theory and Pool: Cheltenham VIC
Open Water Freediving Charters: Sorrento VIC
Courses available all year round
Certification Training Dives available on Sundays from October to end of April and then limited tours through winter
Freediving Foundation Pool Course: $370
Freediving Certification Dive: $139ea (Dive $89 + Certification Assessment $50)
Optional Rental Gear: From $10 to $50
Style of Training
Course: Online learning, classroom theory and pool practical session
Boat Dives: An instructor led freediving depth session on the float and line
PADI ADVANCED FREEDIVER 2ND LEVEL COURSE STRUCTURE:
- On-line PADI Freediver Touch interactive self-paced learning
- Classroom theory and practical breathing & relaxation skills
- Pool training for static, dynamic and rescue techniques
- Maximum 8x participants per course
1. Theory & Breathing Session + Pool Double Sessions
- Friday 4pm – 6pm: 2hr Theory Review
- Friday 6pm – 9pm: 3hr Double Pool Session
2. Freedive Training Dives by Boat from Sorrento, VIC
- 2hr Certification Training Dive: Sundays 1:30pm
- Maximum 4x participants per certification dive session
Learn to progressively go farther and stay longer on one breath:
- Enrol in the foundation course to complete your online learning, classroom session and pool training
- Book 2x Freediving Training Dives with Certification Assessment to be trained and assessed by your instructor
- Select a rental wetsuit if you don’t have your own
- Download the PADI Freediver Medical History Form (pdf) and email it to us.
- Browse the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Once your booking is confirmed you’ll gain access to the PADI Freediver Touch from us so you can start learning!