Big Wave Surf TrainingSurvive hold downs and get freediving certified
- Taught over 400 students, 5 years experience
- Elite PADI Master Freedive Instructor
- AUSI Snorkel & Freedive Instructor Trainer
- Apnea Academy Instructor
- AIDA Trained up to 4*
- Founder, Melbourne Freedivers Club
- Lead role, music video, “The Swell” by American Doubles
- Featured on Channel 7 News, ABC Lateline, The Herald-Sun and more…
- Find out more about Marlon and see the media links here
Freediving training for big wave surfers
Train your breath-hold for your next surf trip, big waves or to increase your confidence and abilities in bigger surf. This Big Wave Surfer course (PADI Basic Freediver certified) is tailored specifically for surfers.
Learn professional breath-hold techniques with Elite PADI Master Freedive Instructor, Marlon Quinn.
Don’t waste your time developing a six minute static breath-hold, no wave will hold you down that long. Our methods train you specifically to deal with repeated hold downs in high stress situations. You will manage your mind better, your holds better and have new skills and awareness to enjoy the surf, whether that’s 2ft waves or 20ft waves.
Josh Morgan, Surfer, Mornington Peninsula
Cope with Extreme Circumstances
Build and Rebuild Confidence
Bigger Waves & Better Sessions
Big Wave Surf Training
Breathing and Breath hold training for Surfers
This breathhold training course specifically tuned for surfers will take you closer. No matter what level of board rider, body surfer or swimmer you are, no matter what waves you surf – you will benefit from learning how to improve your breath-hold and your surf survival. After years of experience in the field of breathing and high performance training we have a system that will maximise your ability to perform in extreme conditions.
In this course you’ll perform a series of breathing drills and demonstrate your new surf survival skills in real time. You can apply them straight away in your next surf.
PADI Basic Freediver Certification
Specifically tailored for surfers, you can be confident you’re getting the best training backed by world class freediving certification. Completing this surf training course, you’ll also qualify for PADI Basic Freediver certification, the first step in developing solid freediving skills. The basic freediving principles and breathhold techniques learned in this course can be taken further if you choose. It’s the starting point for all freediving courses. By enrolling in the PADI Freediver Basic course you can later choose to progress towards the PADI Freediver certification by completing open water dives, but as a surfer, you don’t have to.
- Complete your PADI Freediver Touch interactive self-paced learning, or
- Complete your PADI Freediver Basic course (foundation skills)
- Maximum 8x participants per course
Theory & Breathing Session + Pool Double Sessions
- 4:00 – 6pm: 1.5hr+ Theory Review
- 6pm – 9pm: 3hr Double Pool Session
- Enrol now in the Big Wave Surf Training (incl PADI Basic Freediver certification)
- Download the PADI Freediver Medical History Form (pdf).
- Browse the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Once your booking is confirmed you’ll gain access to the PADI Freediver Touch from us so you can start studying!
Base Fees: $350 (Surf Training incl PADI Freediver Basic certification)
Minimum total fees: $350
Professional Training by Certified Freediving Instructors
For surfers, body boarders, surf rescuers and surf riders interested in developing advanced stress management techniques with a professional instructor, this is the perfect option to progress even further and be guided by a professional.