Swim with Wild Dolphins
Home > Excursions > Swim with Wild Dolphins
Swim with Wild Dolphins & Seals
Experience the excitement of swimming with dolphins and seals on this boutique 2-hour tour for just six guests.
AUTUMN SPECIAL – 20% OFF!
We first cruise and begin the search for the resident Bottlenose Dolphins to prepare for the experience of a lifetime! We then visit the unique and entertaining Australian Fur Seals – an icon of our local waters. You’ll remember the incredible moment as they look into your eyes and you feel connected with these marine animals with which we share so much in common.
- Caters for all swimming abilities
- Snorkellers will be entertained by wildlife interaction
- Includes hire of snorkelling gear; wetsuits, fins, mask and snorkel
- Limited to just six guests, you’ll enjoy an uninterrupted underwater experience
- The tour departs from Sorrento, VIC
- Private tours available
- Our skippers and professional in-water guides are passionate locals about our history and wildlife on the Mornington Peninsula
- More detailed information below
2 Hours tour
Ages 8 and up. Some restrictions may apply at times
Expect to see
Bottlenose dolphins, seals, rays, and diverse marine wildlife
Twice Daily at 11:30am & 2:00pm from November to end of March
Twice Daily at 10:00am & 1:00pm during October and April
Other times by availability
HOW TO BOOK
Click the button and BOOK ONLINE anytime up until 12 hours before the tour departure.
Call/SMS for last minute availability
All tours operate on a high success rate of interaction, however as they are wild animals we are unable to guarantee sightings on all tours. If we don’t see dolphins, we provide a guarantee that you can return for 50% off the regular price within three months of your tour.
Adults: $119 Child: $99
RRP Adults: $149 Child: $124
Children (8-14) must be accompanied by an adult
Style of Tour
In-water Excursion: In-water tour, wetsuits provided. Minimum 5mm thickness recommended if you bring your own.
Swim with Wild Dolphins Tour
Join a boutique tour with just six guests and enjoy a remarkable swimming experience with wild dolphins. These playful creatures will make you laugh and smile as they move about the water with you.
The easy and swift way they move through the water will inspire you. Their sleek bodies and effortless movements in the water encourage you to relax. The more comfortable they are with you, the more enhanced is the experience.
All levels of swimmers will discover the beauty of Port Phillip Bay’s resident dolphins on the Dolphin Swim Tour. This tour is for everyone who wishes to discover the secrets of the bay, whether you’ve never snorkelled before or are a keen regular. Visit Port Phillip Bay marine parks to see marine life found nowhere else on Earth. We are highly experienced with people who lack confidence in the water and our small groups help you enjoy full attention.
Snorkel on the surface with your expert guide and feel safe looking at local marine wildlife. Travelling aboard the RIB boat, Kavorca, you’ll get away from it all and enjoy a local adventure. Spend an exciting couple of hours on the vast Port Phillip Bay, snorkelling by boat along the Mornington Peninsula. Swim with local dolphins and fish species found only in temperate waters.
These RIB boat excursions are boutique. Purposefully small in number with a maximum 6x guests per tour. Our excursion takes you on the seas less traveled, it’s designed to help you feel like part of nature, rather than being an observer. Snorkelling with an in-water Guide you can be prepared to live an authentic natural wildlife experience.
Moonraker Dolphin Swims is Australia’s most awarded Eco Adventure Company specialising in Dolphin and Seal swimming and sightseeing adventures for over 25 years on the picturesque Mornington Peninsula.
Excursions are for all abilities and tailored for you to experience the best conditions and sites on the day. Request a private tour for your group to explore new undiscovered territories.
The Bay here is beautiful with sandy beaches and exposed coastal cliffs. The water is generally cleaner and clearer and in summer months reaches temperatures up to 21 degrees.
Make your way to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula to meet your local guide and your rigid inflatable boat (RIB). Sorrento is around a 1.5hr drive from Melbourne.
Meeting at the Sorrento Pier at least 30 minutes before departure (allow more time in summer), you’ll be greeted by your Guide and introduced to fellow guests.
Slip into your wetsuit and listen to a short briefing on the exciting 2-hour dolphin swim excursion. Hop in to the boat and take your seat; it may be a lively ride.
On the day, we’ll set off and chart our course across the stunning waters and coast of the Mornington Peninsula. We’ll be looking out for our local dolphins as we make way by the amazing clifftop homes and beaches. During the tour the incredible Australian Fur Seals will be waiting as you prepare for a very entertaining wildlife encounter. A safe and shallow snorkelling spot, you’ll be at ease with these cheeky creatures.
Cruising over Port Phillip Bay we continue the tour and the lookout for our local population of wild bottlenose dolphins. You’ll be delighted when you see them moving through the water. Our professional guides will be at your side as you quietly enter the water and float on the surface. In your small group, the dolphins may choose to swim next to you, under you and around you. Remembering as sensitive wild animals, the interactions will be on their terms and we can only let them invite us into their beautiful underwater world.
After 2 hours on and in the bay, your tour ends back at its starting point at Sorrento with memories that will last forever.
Booking and Arrival
• It is recommended that you book at least one week in advance of your preferred date
• Please arrive 25 minutes prior to your scheduled departure.
• In the event of rain or inclement weather your experience will still go ahead unless contacted by the experience provider
• If your experience is cancelled you will be rescheduled by the provider
• You will need to bring your swimmers and a towel
• Wetsuits are compulsory and supplied
• Wetsuits must be put on before boarding the vessel
Dolphin Sightings and Interaction
• All tours operate on a high success rate of interaction, however as they are wild animals we are unable to guarantee sightings on all tours.
What to Bring
• Only a very small bag, waterproof is better
• Re-useable water bottle
• Camera / Go Pro
• Sun Hat or Beanie
• Wind / Spray Jacket
• Suitable for all swimming abilities
• Snorkelling oriented tour, no weightbelts
From Melbourne you’ll need to drive around 90 minutes south to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula (allow 2 hours in summer, sometimes longer). Once you’re in Sorrento, you should park near the ferry terminal. Make your way to the Sorrento Pier (at the end of the Esplanade).
From Queenscliff, catch the Sorrento-Queenscliff ferry towards Sorrento and once arrived, make your way to the Sorrento Pier (at the end of the Esplanade).
Walk to the main Sorrento ferry pier and look for our vessel, Kavorca,
Sorrento Pier address:
Esplanade, Sorrento VIC 3943
*On Google Maps make your way to the pin-drop for WaterMaarq
• 2-hour wildlife experience by boat
• Local professionally trained in-water Guide
• Maximum 6 guests for a safe and personalised experience
• Take an adventure and join the fun of exploring and uncovering more of the bay’s secrets!
Enjoy Underwater Magic
Victorian temperate waters are home to marine species, 80% of which you can’t find anywhere else on earth. There are colourful weedy seadragons (the Victorian emblem!), seals, dolphins, majestic stingrays and stingarees resident in our beautiful bay.
Ideal for all levels of swimmers.
Children (8-14 years old) must be accompanied by an adult.
• 2-hour snorkelling experience by boat
• Professional local guide
• Safety equipment and pre-tour briefings
• Parks Victoria use fees
Use of Weightbelts
• Snorkellers may not use weighbelts at any time
· If cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled starting date of the booking, a 50% cancellation fee will required by the company or individual
· If within 24 hours of the scheduled starting date of the booking, a 100% cancellation fee will be required by the company or individual. A cancellation fee will be based on the full cost of the booking at time of purchase
· Refunds are not available for bookings made via tour agents or third party tour booking providers.
Important Things You Should Know
• This experience is best for snorkellers
• Adult pricing applies to travellers 14 years old or more
• Children must be at least 8 years old to join the tour
• Please note that the minimum height overrules the age for safety reason
• Minimum height: 1.40 m
• Maximum weight: 110 kg
• It is highly recommended that you wear a 5mm long wetsuit to keep you warm during the dives in approximately 14-21 degree water. Wetsuits are included
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Please note: You must bring swimming costume and towel, wetsuit (minimum 3.5mm thick).
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions (to be checked)
• Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended
• All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving
• Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
We are in the wild and we cannot guarantee the dolphins location or willingness to interact with us. Over the years however, proven experience has achieved a high success rate. Our intention is to give you the best possible opportunity to achieve this amazing experience. All tours operate on a high success rate of interaction, however as they are wild animals we are unable to guarantee sightings on all tours. If it doesn’t work out, we provide a guarantee that you can return for 50% off the regular price within three months of your tour.