ISOLATE IN NATURE:
Tours Closed From 8 July
Eco Tours Closed
7 July 2020: Announcement
We look forward to re-commencing tour services as soon as we can.
Please contact us with any booking requests or queries and thank you for your ongoing support from all the WaterMaarq crew.
In the meantime, please consider sharing the delight of a gift voucher with friends and family members and we can all look forward to celebrating when life returns to normal!
Health & Safety On Board
To ensure the health and safety of all guests, we request that people at the highest risk of getting the virus to please self-isolate as per current Australian Government Health advice. It is advisable not to make a booking in this case, and as a general rule, do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
People at the highest risk include those who have been:
- recently in a high risk country or region (mainland China, Iran, Italy, or Korea)
- in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
People considered at the most risk of serious infection are:
- people with compromised immune systems
- elderly people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- people with chronic medical conditions
- people in group residential settings
- people in detention facilities
Reducing the Likelihood of Transmission
To reduce the likelihood of transmission, WaterMaarq boat tours are conducted with processes and procedures in place to protect your health and safety. WaterMaarq is a certified Australian Tourism Industry Council COVID Clean Practicing Business.
We have taken the approach to limit boat tours in the following ways:
- There will be NO spray-jackets or blankets provided – please bring your own for comfort
- Our vessel will be cleaned with disinfectant prior to each charter
- Sanitiser gel will be available before and during the charter
- Physical distancing will be maintained in line with regulations
- The name and contact number of each guest will be recorded
- WaterMaarq have the right to refuse bookings and boarding if guidelines are deemed to be in breach. Please follow our procedures and Government regulations to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests and crew.
Guest numbers will be limited to ensure physical distancing can be managed for tours and charters.
Regular 1.5hr Eco Tours will operate with between 4-6 guests. This will ensure that distancing measures for seating arrangements can be achieved.
Private Tours will operate with between 2-12 guests, depending on the group arrangements as per the examples below:
- One household (up to 12 guests)
- Household of 6 + another household of 4
- Household of 4 + another household of 4
- Household of 3 + another household of 3
- Household of 2 + another household of 2
We are encouraging isolated household groups to attend. This may include your immediate family members, housemates and friends so that your shared experience is with the people nearest and dearest to you, whom you know. And in the event of mixed groups, provide as comfortable seating separation as possible to maximise space.
Our regular processes for cleaning and vessel preparation before and after each tour will continue, including common area and seating wipe downs, and bathroom cleaning. Hand sanitising rub is provided and bins for tissues and waste.
Being in the outdoors in the marine environment, we are fortunate to be surrounded by fresh air and water.
Social Distancing Principles
To reduce the risk of transmission, social distancing principles are an effective tool and we will be employing these methods for tours until the relevant health alerts have been lifted.
- Reduction in crowding (tours limited to the group sizes above, bookings encouraged for self-contained small known people groups)
- Physical separation of 1.5m where practicable (seating allocation optimised for maximum distance between guests; seat groupings for known people groups)
- Ensure high levels of personal hygiene (frequent hand washing, no sharing drink containers, refrain from greeting by handshaking, increase personal space for face-to-face contact where practicable, and reduce amount of time spent face-to-face, sneezing/coughing into elbow instead of hand)
- Regular equipment including blankets issued for personal use not to be provided during the tours
- Vessel cleaning program maintained
- Pre-tour safety briefing to include messages to promote appropriate behaviours and awareness of risk reducing protocols and procedures
We have been advised that the wearing of surgical masks is only helpful when worn by people who are infectious and in the healthcare setting. Face masks will be worn by crew if specifically directed to under health or other biosecurity advice.
Stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you on board a WaterMaarq tour soon!
Please monitor this page for any further COVID-19 changes and tour developments in line with the current health restrictions in place.