Free Freediving Seminar with Marlon Quinn, Master Freediving Instructor
Enjoy a free seminar with Australian freediving Master Instructor Marlon Quinn as he appears in Cheltenham to discuss freediving and staying safe in Victoria.
Adreno, of Cheltenham has secured guest speaker and host Marlon Quinn, a professional freediving instructor and the man behind local pioneering freedive operation, WaterMaarq.
- Freediving in Victoria
- Is Freediving Spearfishing?
- Training for Spearfishing
- Preparing for Local Conditions
The seminar will be held at the Adreno Cheltenham store on Thursday, October 6th at 6pm.
Where: Adreno, 1184 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham VIC 3192
Marlon Quinn, PADI Master Freediving Instructor
Professional Freediving INSTRUCTOR
To become a specialist freediving instructor, Marlon first learned to freedive with the best in the world. He began with the godfather of Greek freediving, World and National Champion, Stavros Kastrinakis.
Later he trained with:
- Umberto Pelizzari, World Record holder in every freediving discipline
- Daniel Arias Cordova, National Champion, Chile
- Miguel Lozano, World Vice Champion and Spanish record holder
- Andrea Zuccari, World, Swiss and Italian record holder
- Alessandro Vergendo, Olympic Athlete sports psychologist and mental training expert.
With a background as a competitive cyclist, racing in Australia, Asia and Europe, his athletic and coaching career spans more than 15 years and peaked in that discipline as Sports Director for Prime Estate Elite Women’s Cycling Team.
Across Victoria, Tasmania, SA and WA, he’s trained hundreds of freediving and spearfishing enthusiasts how to dive deeper for longer.
Founder and former President of the Melbourne Freedivers Club and Australian qualified Trainer (Cert IV TAE), he is pioneering freediving services, including dedicated charter boat service, sinkhole freediving tours and certification courses in Australia through WaterMaarq Freediving.